Monday, January 28, 2013

Painting Journal: Max Toy Co Mini Captain Max



One last Max Toy glow-in-the-dark figure.  Captain Max is the superhero mascot of Max Toy co, presented in mini form, he's tiny and cute.  Almost micro size at under 3" (the boundaries of the definition are vague and flexible) with plenty of detailing on his costume.



I decided to use some masking to create negative space on his eyes and ears.  I often completely fail at masking, either not masking enough, and overspraying, or peeling the paint below when I pull the mask off, or letting the mask slip while I paint.  I managed to avoid all those here, probably because the masks were simple, and the piece is very small.


Monster Kolor C-thru at bat once again, and not disappointing.  Violet, Bad-apple red, orange, and yellow for the fade from the center out.  No pearls or special effects paints, just gloss coat to finish.  I figured the glow and colors were vibrant enough.  He glows like a little champ, and I'm happy with the finished product.  No mini captain max minis available at the moment, but full-size figures are in Mark's store!


No comments:

Post a Comment