Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Banimon Custom Corps: works in progress

An in-progress shot of the sculpts that made production.. Two different scowly banigoth faces, One with a picklhaube spike, not yet attached.  The one on the left will be in the CC, with his spike.  The hat on the far left is a Ushanka, that most iconic of Siberian headgear. The fuzzy britches on the right will as well, to keep your little dudes all warm and cozy.

The scowl in the center didn't make the cut, neither did the bald guy on the right.  I gave him a bandanna, but ended up looking more like a big bandage.  Maybe next round?  All additional parts (the gray bits), were sculpted with Procreate epoxy putty.  Watch the Banimon Blog and Spaced-Out Design for more sneaks!

Friday, July 26, 2013

Banimon Custom Corps One: Outtakes 2

A couple more outtakes from the upcoming Banimon Custom Corps.  The revolutionary on the left is supposed to look like he has a Roman comb on his head, the right, a Flash Gordon-esq space hero (see below).

Both sculpts are pretty rough, but worked as proof-of-concepts.  Next up, some WIP pieces that actually made it!

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Banimon Custom Corps One: Outtakes 1

Now! It can be told!  It's my pleasure to reveal my involvement in the Banimon Custom Corps.  This is the Secret Project I've been mentioning for months.  I pitched the idea to Boris Savic when I saw first saw the Banimen.  The oversized heads are prefect canvases.  The two above were my first shots.  Being the incredibly smart person that I am, I sent them to the wrong address.  At least that gave me the opportunity to make better versions.  Stay tuned for more!

Radio Silence

I apologize for the long delay in posting.  Life got more eventful than I like. The good news is, my new storage unit/workshop is done!  The bad news is, I filled it with all my junk, and now I don't have room to work.  De-junking the place is taking longer than I would like.  FInding lots of interesting items from my past, including this collection of disco-soundtrack-covers.  Hopefully I'll have the place cleaned up, and be back to painting this week!