Sunday, July 27, 2014

Why Blindboxes? JewelTone Tencans


Why blindboxes?  Blame a misspent youth collecting trading cards.  I think it boils down to the excitement of discovery.  I want to be able to share that.  I also wouldn't be doing this unless I thought each piece was equally interesting.  Airbrushed silver Monster Kolor base (the shiniest silver paint I've ever worked with), covered with Monster Kolor C-thru, purple pearl for sheen, and high-gloss clear coat.  I even did a chase figure: C-thru Smoke instead of color, and a generous helping of MK Holographic flakes.  It's spendy paint, so I traditionally use it sparingly.  Not on that one!



These nine little guys are still on track for sale at 6:00 Pacific tonight.  I didn't realize there is a Glyos drop a half hour later.  I'll be there for that one too.



Huge thanks again to Nik Sardos for being a willing collaborator, and the Gaspars for making OMFG a reality.




No comments:

Post a Comment